This is our most popular and well respected course, we have been hosting these sessions for the last 15 years constantly adapting it to keep up with current social and medical models. Through disability awareness training you will be able to fully understand the difference between disability and impairment, and how to apply this in a working environment.
The aim of this disability awareness training course is to give individuals and organisations the time and opportunity to look at disability from a different perspective.
By the end of the session, participants will have:
- Reflect on the difference between disability and impairment
- Explored the difference between the social and medical models
- Examined how negative images feed the use of disabling language
- Identified and began to remove barriers to inclusion
- Identify ways of implementing their learning into their working practice