Feedback from a SENCO conference I was asked to address. I had an hour to ‘challenge and inspire’ the new SENCO’s. To give a different perspective.
As you can see from the comments above, the evaluations from the SENCO’s were excellent. Thank you so much for delivering such a challenging and thought-provoking session. I really appreciated it. Hopefully we will see you again for the same next year. When I have arranged a date I will be in touch.
Best wishes and many thanks again,
Lead Advisory Teacher, Learning Support Service
Reflections / Impact / Comments:
• Very thought provoking – I would like more on legal-bullying. I was fascinated by her and wanted to know more.
• Excellent session!
• Alison John was a great speaker, put my thoughts into words, eloquently. Thank-you – inspirational and something I will certainly take it back with me to school.
• Thought provoking – want to explore changing language in school.
• A session which really made me “think” about by ideas on inclusion.
• Amazing – what a lady I would like to see Ally talk to our students.
• Ally John…. Brilliant, need I say more!
• Amazing and extremely thought provoking.
• A good reminder of how the SENCO can be an agent for change.
• Look at possible staff meetings – looking at staff views and pupils.
• Amazing content and thought provoking delivery.
• Should I change my title – Inclusion Leader!
It was a great way to challenge our thinking to have Ali John talk to us about the barriers that disable.