First, a little about me
Everyone calls me Ally. I am passionate about many things: human rights, equality, inclusion, eating, reading, playing outdoors, the list goes on. I have a keen sense of humour and seek to live life to the full. I live in Newport South Wales with my family, including two rescue cats and dog, all of whom are great friends.
The Alison John & Associates story
I began Alison John & Associates (AJA) as I have and continue to experience discrimination, as a child going through the education system, when trying to find employment, assessing services and becoming a Mum. I reflected on this, shared my stories with other disabled people and their families and come to the realisation that I/ we were not the problem. There is a different perspective and it is part of my responsibility to share this information with individuals and organisation to bring around change.
A little about my work
I don’t teach. I don’t do right or wrong. I don’t do death by PowerPoint! I facilitate a learning experience that supports individuals and organisations in developing their understanding around disabled people and disablism. This can either be done through training days, workshops or conferences.
Offshoots of my work
Includes working with;
- User Lead Organisations.
- Mentoring and Coaching individual disabled people and or groups/organisations of disabled people.
- Parents and carers of disabled children and young people.
- Reviews of policies, procedures and practice in line with legislation.
- Organisations being part of their advisory groups, development groups etc.
If you feel there maybe something I can help you with please contact me.
Our commitment to you
Alison John & Associates recognise that clients make a significant investment of time and financial resources when they engage us.
We make a total commitment to every client in the following ways:
- We will discuss requirements with you in advance, with no obligation
- We will provide a written proposal outlining:
- the work we have discussed with you
- the methods we intend to use
- how long it will take
- the proposed outcomes
- how much it will cost.
- We will provide all background and support material necessary and will give you written notice of any equipment you will need to provide.
- We will only provide consultants who are qualified and experienced.
- We will evaluate our training courses and methods, both internally and externally, in order to ensure the highest possible standards.
- We will provide you with details of existing clients who will be happy to discuss with you their experience of Alison John & Associates.